Welcome to this sophisticated and classically stylish home on an idyllic Piedmont street.
Inside, the foyer makes a statement with lively tile floors and refined woodwork, creating a wonderful beginning to the quality of this home’s story. Throughout, rich dark oak floors meet bright white walls for a fresh and inviting feel. Wide cased openings, tres ceilings, and spacious rooms create an open flow and volume. The exceptional European windows let in a flood of natural light and frame sparkling views. This really is a very special home.
· Designer kitchen blends a beautiful color palette and materials, including gray stone counters, sleek white cabinetry, and modern brass pulls. Bar seating on the long island with blue cabinetry below creates a social space, and the 6-burner Viking range equips the chef. Three skylights above offer ample natural light. And don't forget about the storage! There is pantry space galore.
· Social family room (connected to the kitchen) with a wall of built-in cabinetry matching the kitchen. Copious windows and glass doors bring the outside in, framing views of the Piedmont hills and downtown Oakland beyond creating indoor-outdoor flow for living and entertaining.
· Dining room with built-in china cabinetry, a striking light fixture, and multiple windows for light and views.
· Living room featuring a cozy fireplace, wall sconce lighting, built-in cabinetry, and architectural details producing a next-level design.
· Stylish office connected to the living, enjoying views of the front garden and private exterior access.
· Modern powder room with hip tile work to complete the main level.
Windows follow the stairway upstairs to a bright landing with a skylight overhead. Up front are two lovely bedrooms with generous closest and built-ins, both sharing an upbeat bathroom with skylight. The primary suite is situated in the back to take in the views of pink sunsets and city skyline. It features a large private bathroom and double walk-in closets for even the most fervent wardrobe passion. Adjacent to this suite is a full office with built-in desks that could easily be used as a fourth upstairs bedroom.
Downstairs is an extra-large bonus room—perfect as a game/media room or escape for family and friends. Access to the huge 2-car garage and storage areas is also on this level.
Dynamic Outdoor Living
Out back form and function reign, with a wonderful combination of decked seating areas, outdoor dining on a mid-terrace, built-in bench seating, and a large vibrant green lawn. All spots experience the perimeter of colorful flora and take in the views of the vibrant green hills beyond.
Piedmont offers miles of peaceful neighborhood strolls, parks for play, top-notch schools, and access to boutiques and cafes in every direction—from Montclair to Piedmont Ave to Lake Merritt. 217 San Carlos Avenue is a tremendous opportunity for a refined home in a special community.